Friday, February 7, 2014

What I'm Drinking

Can you believe that Valentine's Day is just one week away?! It feels like this year is flying by already.

To be honest, we're not big on the ol' V-day around here. I don't decorate the house, and we usually try to avoid the mad crowds at restaurants and theaters. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying my share of chocolate this time of year. No sir-ee!

And one of my favorite ways to consume this food of the gods is with some kind of alcohol. It could be high octane dark chocolate and red wine, or in my pre-gluten-free days (PGFDs), a good chocolate stout. Either one will suffice, but my favorite way to drink this sugary sweet is in a nice chocolate martini.

There are plenty of chocolate martini recipes out there, but this is definitely my favorite, adapted by me through trial and error.
 

Here's what you'll need:

1 1/2 oz vanilla vodka
1 1/2 oz Godiva Chocolate liqueur
3 oz vanilla soy milk
chocolate syrup
cocoa powder

Fill a martini shaker half way with ice. Add the vodka, chocolate liqueur, and soy milk, and shake.


Next, drizzle a martini glass with the chocolate syrup (I like to use Torani Dark Chocolate Sauce). Then add the alcohol mixture poured through the strainer. Use a sieve to sprinkle a fine dusting of cocoa powder over the top.


Sip & enjoy!

Of course, you can use whatever milk, cream, or half-and-half you have on hand. I prefer the vanilla soy milk because 1) it adds an extra layer of vanilla, 2) it froths a bit more when shaken, giving the drink a creamy texture, and 3) we always have it in the fridge.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'll be back next week with more Project Life posts. See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment