Friday, February 7, 2014

Five on Friday

Somehow I managed to go an entire week without posting on this blog. What?! How did that happen?

So for today's Five on Friday, I'm sharing 5 things that I didn't blog about this week (in no particular order).

1. I got sick. My age-old nemesis Mr. Sinus Infection struck again and knocked me out for nearly half the week. So I spent most of Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday curled up in bed watching Netflix (mostly this and this).



2. Since I was sick, J was in charge of food prep...and he did a pretty damn good job! He even made us these delicious enchiladas verdes Wednesday night (with only a little help from me).

3. One of the things I'm trying to be better about this year is taking care of myself, because I am a better girlfriend, a better friend, and a better person when I am happy and confident with myself, inside and out. So no more begrudging myself something because I feel like I don't deserve it. I do, damnit! :) So on Thursday I actually went to the touch-up hair appointment I made back in December. This is the first time I have maintained a style, with the same stylist at the same salon...ever. I usually talk myself out of it and put off going for 6 months to a year (yeah, not pretty). But not anymore! And let me tell ya, it feels so good!



4. TJ Maxx is quickly becoming my new fave store. This week I found J this Fossil watch for just $69 - originally $185! Oh, how I love a good deal!

5. I'm super bummed that I'll be missing two awesome shows in Indianapolis tonight (I'm not feeling up to a night on the town just yet). Our good friend Chris Weller will be playing the Vogue tonight with Brandon Whyde. They are seriously awesome, and if you're local and you haven't seen them yet, you need to go. And Dark Star Orchestra is at the Murat. Damn this stupid infection!

That was my week. Be sure to check back in a little bit. I've got a Valentine's-inspired What I'm Drinking post lined up that you don't want to miss!


No comments:

Post a Comment