Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Project Life 2014 Week 1



It's time for a little honesty. I think I may have lost my Project Life mojo. It took me forever to finish this week's spread - and it's the only one I've completed for 2014 so far. I'm not really sure what's going on....oh, wait...yes, I do.

I started moving into a new craft room (formerly the guest room) at the end of last year. I got everything cleared out and started painting. Then the snowpocalypse hit. And the weather has stayed astonishingly terrible ever since. Because it's a room we don't normally use, and because we have a big, old, drafty house, that room hasn't been heated well. So there it sits, half painted, waiting for above freezing temperatures to return so that it can be turned into the craft room of my dreams...or some close proximity.

In the mean time, my scrapbooking supplies are scattered between J's office and several closets. Schlepping supplies from one room to another and constant fruitless searching are not exactly conducive to creativity. So I feel mojo-less for the moment. But there is hope on the horizon, in the form of 40-degree weather in the ten day forecast. I'm keeping my fingers (and some of my toes) crossed.

Now, moving on to what I actually have accomplished...


Week 1 was the week of said snowpocalypse, the week that started the two months of frozen hell that  has been our winter thus far (what, I'm not bitter). Other things that happened this week:

  • We discovered our upstairs toilet had a leaky flange, and the water had rotted the subfloor beneath our tile. Gross.
  • J binge watched Breaking Bad, and even got me to watch several episodes (though there was a lot of question-asking on my part, since I missed seasons 1 through 3). 
  • Our good friend Byron celebrated a birthday and chose to do so in our company. He's an amazing musician, and we always look forward to his visits - even our dogs love him! 




Despite the intolerable cold, I enjoyed watching our backyard turn into a winter wonderland. The snow covered trees are beautiful. My pictures don't do them justice. 









 Products used:


















No comments:

Post a Comment