Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Project Life 2014 Title Page

2014 marks my third year of doing Project Life. I wasn't really much of a scrapbooker before starting PL, and to be honest, I don't do much scrapbooking outside of my PL albums (though doing more traditional layouts is one of my goals for this year). Still, I can't imagine not documenting our lives via Project Life. It's become a habit in so many good ways. I love the format. I love the products. And most of all, I love how forgiving it is.

If you know me, then you know how necessary it is that a project be forgiving. To be honest, neither my 2012 album nor my 2013 album is entirely finished yet. I still have weeks to catch-up on, and that's totally okay with me, because I know that the format will allow me to do so with ease...when I have the time. Seriously people, I love Project Life! Can I get an Amen?!

So here's another morsel of honesty for you on this PL Tuesday: before this year, I had never done a title page. Yep, that's right, all four of my work-in-progress albums are sans title page. Sad, right? So this year I was determined to finish my title page before even starting the first week of my album. ...And I actually did it! Virtual high five!

Without further ado, I give you my 2014 Project Life Title Page. Drum roll please...


The key to actually getting this done was keeping it simple, so I decided to focus on the pictures. I chose images taken within the last two months, one for each member of our family and two group photos. I edited them using the Pioneer Woman's black & white photoshop action, then printed them at home (another key to getting it done). I also printed two of these freebies from Caylee Grey (love them!) and embellished them with some gold sequins and washi tape.



It's super simple, but I love the way the page turned out! Seriously, I could not have been more giddy when I finally saw the whole thing come together. And starting the year with a completed title page makes me happier than a bird with a french fry. For reals.

No comments:

Post a Comment