Thursday, January 30, 2014

Project Life 2013 Week 23

I realized after my last post that if I'm going to continue to share PL spreads form 2013 and 2014, then I'm going to have to post more than one spread per week or I'll never have time to share them all...duh. So that's what I'm going to do. Maybe two on Tuesdays, maybe more throughout the week...whatever strikes my fancy.

Today's spread is from week 23.


It was the week that the then-new Becky Higgins products finally showed up at my local Hobby Lobby, so it only made sense to use the Kraft edition for this week. This may be the one and only time I have ever used a core kit for an entire spread, without adding papers from other collections.


The "Hello" stamp is one of these $1.00 Studio G stamps from Michaels. It actually said "Hello friend" but I cut the "friend" off. I like it so much better this way. The "Oh Snap" and camera stamps are from this KI Memories set.


The picture of our roses didn't quite fit on the card I wanted to use without covering up the arrow, so I used my exacto knife and cut around the point so the arrow would overlap the picture. The "bloom" stamped there was done using an old American Crafts alpha stamp set and the "date" stamp at the top is from Evalicious. The dog and "woof" stamp on the bottom right is from the Studio Calico Here & There collection

Other than my roller date stamp, the only additional embellishments I used were a few washi tapes (including this one and this one). It's a pretty simple layout compared to my usual style, and I have to say that I kinda like it.

Oh, and one other thing.... In the interest of being honest, I have to admit that this spread isn't actually 100% done. This was the week J went to California for business & extended his trip to do a little sightseeing. I have a whole folder full of ephemera he brought back and photos that he took that need to make their way into this spread somehow. I'm thinking of doing a kind of mini book within the spread...still working out the details though.

No comments:

Post a Comment