Monday, October 15, 2018

When Life Gives You Lemons

When I saw this paper from Prinkfresh Studio's Simple & Sweet collection, I knew exactly the layout I wanted to use it on. All those lemons! I had to use it to document our favorite drink of the summer.


So I gathered all of the lemons I could find in my stash: some from the Simple & Sweet ephemera pack, stickers from Amy Tangerine, and little rubber lemons from Studio Calico. 


Then I grabbed everything yellow: some bits and pieces from other Pinkfresh Studio collections, tiny word stickers and puffy alphas from Citrus Twist Kits, and an assortment of papers. 


For the word "lemons" I used the Wonky puffy alpha from Bella Blvd and colored them to match the Citrus Twist alphas using a Bic Marking marker.


Then it was just a matter of layering it all together to get the cascading look I was after. 


And adding the embellishments where space allowed. 


I finished the whole thing off with a few splatters in yellow and gray.


Here's a quick look at my process:

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment