Wednesday, April 22, 2020

2020 Creativity Journal: Week 12


Life has been busier than usual lately, and I managed to get a bit behind in my Creativity Journal. So today I'll be sharing two weeks in order to get caught up, starting with Week 12. 


For Week 12, I used the My Happy Place collection designed by Kelly Bangs for The Reset Girl shop. I purchased this digital collection when it was released, and I'm so glad I finally got around to printing it out and using it. It's a gorgeous kit! And it worked so perfectly for this project!


I printed the digital sheets on several different paper types, including heavy cardstock, white sticker paper, and clear sticker paper, depending on how I thought I might use the elements on each sheet. There is so much in this collection! It's honestly a bit overwhelming, but so much fun to sort through it all!


I used mostly the decor elements for this spread. I used a bit of one of the patterned papers on the left side of the spread and a journal card on the right side, but mostly I used the cut apart decor. 


Once I had my photos, journaling, and elements in place, I grabbed the Head High stamp set from Feed Your Craft to add a few extra bits. 


For my title, I used some older Thickers from my stash. I have waayyy too many alpha stickers, and I'm trying to get a lot of them used up, so it was nice to find a set that coordinates with this collection in my stash. 


I had a bit of a hard time getting the two sides of this spread to feel balanced. The paper I used on the left side of the spread made that side feel so much more colorful than the right side. So to help balance the pages, I added some colorful words, some of the half-hexies, and more Thickers. 


Overall this spread was a lot of fun to create. I really love this collection, and I can't wait to make another layout using the remainder of this kit!


You can see the whole process in the video below.



Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you found some inspiration here, and I hope to see you back here soon! Until then, happy crafting, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment