Thursday, April 2, 2020

2020 Creativity Journal: Week 10


Have you been following along with my Creativity Journal this year? I have to say that right now in all of the chaos and uncertainty, I am so glad I have this project to help me focus on the good, my art, and staying creative. 


I've also noticed that my 2020 journal is turning out quite different from my 2019 journal. I think that has a lot to do with the fact that I've been sharing my pages publicly this year. There's definitely something to be said for a project that is meant to stay private.


Ultimately, however, I'm glad that I decided to share this year's journal with all of you. I'm in the business of inspiring...or at least that's what I tell myself when I have long, internal discussions about why I'm even doing any of this. So if sharing this project inspires any of you to document your own creative journeys, then I'm all in.


Anyway, back to the pages at hand. I was feeling a bit lazy when I created this spread, so even though I had planned to use the My Happy Place collection from Kelly Bangs for The Reset Girl, I hadn't printed it yet, and I couldn't be bothered to take the time to do so. Instead I dipped into my stash and grabbed the Color Fresh collection from Heidi Swapp


I think I got most of what I have from this collection in my Hip Kits when I was on their design team last year. I don't remember actually purchasing any individual pieces myself. I guess that's why I was so surprised to see how much of the collection I had. There was plenty to do this spread with lots left over still. 


I was also surprised by how much of the collection worked so perfectly for this project. Lots of inspiring quotes, phrases about creativity and having fun, and of course, the bright color scheme. It all worked really well with my photos/stories. 


There were a bunch of vellum and acetate pieces in the ephemera pack as well, which added a nice touch to the page. I like to include this like this to give these otherwise flat pages a bit more texture, and so that everything doesn't end up feeling to samey-same...if you know what I mean.


Of course, I went back to my doodly roots on this one and added some dots and flowers around the pages just to make it feel like my own. I don't know what it is about this project that makes me want to doodle on it, but I do. 


I recorded my process again this week, so be sure to watch if you want more details about whats and hows. There are also links to all of the products in the YouTube description box in case you're looking for a certain product in particular. 


Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope to see you all back here soon, and until then, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment