Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Let's Take a Silly One

My niece, Brilli, is three and super freaking adorable. When I visited her earlier this year, she was obsessed with taking Snapchat photos. She kept coming up to me when I had my phone and saying "Let's Take a Silly One!" How could I say no to that face?

For the layout I chose to try a little mixed media on the background. I am definitely a mixed media novice, but I don't think it turned out too terribly bad. Although it's hard to see here in the photos and in the video below, I added a screen-printed bit in white on top of the watercolor, and I LOVE how this turned out. I will definitely try this again in the future.



For supplies, I kept things really simple. I wanted to use the Dear Lizzy Lovely Day 12x12 paper pad that I had in my stash, but had never used. And I grabbed my Dear Lizzy Sticker Book for embellishment. 


For the title, I used a combination of an old Dear Lizzy Thicker set (from Polka Dot Party) and a Freckled Fawn alpha designed by Jen Schow. I really like the way these two look when combined. 



Here's a look at my process: 



Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment