Wednesday, May 27, 2020

2020 Creativity Journal: Week 17



I'm back with another week in my Creativity Journal. This week I'm using the "Whimsical" collection by Paige Evans for Pink Paislee...and oldy-but-goodie, for sure.


I know this collection is a couple years old, but I still love it so much. And the all the crafty bits and pieces are absolutely perfect for this project.


I added a scrap of paper from another oldie-but-goodie collection as well, Crafty Girl from Simple Stories. I had been saving this little scrap of rainbow paper for far too long. It was time to use it up!


I had so much fun scattering all the adorable little stickers and icons all over the page. I was even able to use up most of the rubons I had left!


I also added the foam alphas from this collection, which I've basically been hoarding since I got them. I used them in three places around the spread to bring some continuity to the two pages. 


I also created three clusters of florals around the page. Each one is a combination of stickers, chipboard, and puffy stickers. They have so much texture in person. I love how they turned out!


I was even able to use one of the frames, something I normally have trouble using on my layouts or pocket pages. But the adorable heart frame fit perfectly here!


I had so much fun creating this page! It just makes me happy when I see it, and that's kind of what this project is all about. :) 


You can see how I put the whole thing together in the process video below.


I'm glad you stopped by today, and I hope to see you back here soon. Until then, happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. OMGoodness!That glue gun ephemera, Cute as can be. I love that you take your craftiness and make something for you. I do pocket pages for the family albums.
    I mostly use the 12x12 size protector with 9 photos at 4x4". Anyhow, I watched your video on paper organizing. It wouldn't work for me. Do you have other tips or ideas organizing lots of paper? Paper pads are heavy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, thank you, and I totally agree about the glue gun ephemera...and pretty much all the cute little crafty icons in this collection! I'm sorry I don't really have other ideas for organizing paper. I know a lot of people use stackable paper trays, like the ones from WRMK, for horizontal storage. I've never really liked that method for myself, but you can fit a lot in a small amount of space that way!

      Delete