Monday, May 25, 2020

12x12 Layout: Let's Go for Color Cast Designs



It's time for the newest release at Color Cast Designs!! This month's pieces are absolutely amazing! The colors are gorgeous, and this font it to die for. The ones pictured above are just a few of what's being release today, so be sure to stop by the shop and check them out. :)


For my first project, I decided to use the "Let's Go" title piece to document a trip Jesse and I took to Michigan last year for the 4th of July. I paired it with some items from the Let's Travel collection by Carta Bella. The colors worked perfectly together!


I also added some mixed media to my background using a few Magical Powders from Lindy's Stamp Gang. I love the effect of the soft and bright pinks together and how it helped tie in both the warm and cool tones on this spread. 


I used a couple of papers from the collection to mat my photo, then added embellishments from the ephemera packs and sticker sheet. I even fussy cut a pair of sunglasses from one of the papers to use in my embellishment cluster. 


I also added a bit of stamping using a couple stamps from Illustrated Faith to give the background more texture. Not all of the stamping turned out like I had hoped, but I managed to fix it in the end. 




You can see all of the details of my process (including the stamping gone wrong and how I fixed it) in the video below. 



Thanks for stopping by, and I hope to see you all back here soon. Until then, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment