Friday, April 12, 2019

Traveler's Notebook: September 2018



I'm back with another spread in my 2018 Highlights traveler's notebook. It's taking for FOREVER to get this notebook finished, but I'm determined to get it done.



September's page is about our trip to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. I have a photo of the beach on the left side of the page. I had intended to make this a full-page photo, but my computer was giving me fits, and I already had the 4x6 photo printed, so I decided just to go with it.



For supplies, I chose some scraps from the February Hip Kit Club Main Kit as well as some embellishments from that kit and the Pocket Life Kit. I also grabbed some embellishments from the March Hip Kit Club Main Kit and a couple cards from the March Pocket Life Kit.



I had a lot of fun playing around with the embellishments for this page. I chose pieces in shades of blue and teal as well as the coral-pink that's in the Pinkfresh Studio Joyful Day collection. There are also bits of gold here and there, which I think works really well with the sand in the photo.



I used my WRMK Typecast Typewriter to type up my journaling on a piece of scrap card, then cut it in strips and used a Zig Glue Pen to adhere them.


And that pretty much does it for this page! You can see my full process in the video below:

 Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment