Monday, April 8, 2019

2019 Project Life: January, Part Three

I'm back with another spread in my 2019 Project Life album.



Before I share the details of this particular spread, I wanted to talk a little bit about my format for the year and how things are going so far. I've been feeling lately like dividing my months into "parts" instead of weeks is just a bit awkward. I wondered if I shouldn't revert back to a weekly spread format instead. I don't want to leave my 6x8 album, but I thought maybe I would prefer weekly spreads.



I think this mostly came from seeing everyone else's weekly posts and knowing this is a comfortable way for me to approach this project, which was really appealing since I've been a bit overwhelmed by my new methods and am feeling WAYY behind.



So this weekend I spent some time getting caught up on the photo printing part of my process, and as I was doing so I totally remembered why I wanted to switch to a story-focused approach. It just makes sense for how our lives are structured. Nothing fits neatly into a week. I overflows and overlaps and makes much more sense in a story-focused spread than it does in a weekly layout.



I needed to take a step back from January, where very few real stories happened and my spreads all feel like they're the same. Going forward in my album, I know this is the right move. So I'm sticking with my original idea and staying story-focused within the monthly format. We'll both just have to put up with the awkwardness of breaking down my months into parts instead of weeks for the purposes of sharing. :)



So on to the current spread (or "part"). I used the Hip Kit Club February Pocket Life Kit, which I actually bought because it wasn't included in my design team packet and I couldn't resist the gorgeousness that is this kit.



The kit has tons of bits from the Pinkfresh Studio Joyful Day collection, and that's mostly what I used for this spread, with the addition of a couple papers from the February Main Kit, including an exclusive paper that I absolutely fell in love with.



I stuck with a limited color palette (as I'm wont to do) of blues and yellows. It's a pretty simple spread overall, and I like it that way. The only extra little bit I added was the pocket on the left side of the spread to hold some hidden journaling. It wasn't so much that I had journaling I wanted to hide as I needed something interesting to do with the 6x8 pocket on that side of the spread.



You can see my full process in the video below.



Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment