Thursday, July 21, 2016

Early Morning Scrapbooking

This morning I woke up with an almost urgent need to make something. Does this ever happen to you? This feeling that you just need to create something, like NOW. It happens to me all. the. time. Though I have to say, it rarely happens before 8 am. But today I woke up with the dawn itching to get my hands messy. How could I ignore such a desire?

Normally, my Project Life album would have been my obvious go-to project, but I just sent off a full year's worth of photos to be developed (March - June of this year, and a good portion of 2015), so I knew I didn't have any Project Life pages ready to work on. What I had was a photo, taken several years ago, that had been sitting on my workspace for several weeks. It's one of my all-time favorite photos, and I had been waiting for a moment such as this to give it the attention it required.

And so, in a frenzy of creativity, I created the page below. All before 9 am.


I don't do 12x12 scrapbook layouts very often. Even when I was first starting out (nearly two decades ago - yikes), I preferred to create smaller pages that would fit in a standard 8.5x11 binder...mostly because I was broke and they were cheaper than 12x12 albums. But lately, I've been drawn more to this larger size. Maybe it's the piles of 12x12 papers I've been hoarding, or maybe it's because I've switched to a 9x12 Project Life album and so to switch things up I need to go bigger rather than smaller. Whatever it is, I'm enjoying working with the 12x12 format. 


To give credit where credit is due, this layout was largely inspired by this one by Niru for Cocoa Daisy. I loved the black and white striped background broken up by the gradient, watercolor-look paper running down the center. 


Of course, I needed to change the color scheme to match our outfits...which was the whole reason the photo was taken in the first place. 



Products Used:

Dear Lizzy Fine and Dandy 12x12 Paper Pad
Studio Calico Sundrifter 12x12 Paper Pad
Amy Tangerine Cut and Paste Cut Out Accents
Maggie Holmes Confetti Celebrate Thickers
We R Memory Keepers Inked Rose Sentiments 12x12 Paper
Alison Kreft for Echo Park Capture Life Bokeh Blur 12x12 Paper
Chic Tags Happy Place Labels


Thanks for stopping by. Hope you're having a creative morning!




No comments:

Post a Comment