Monday, August 26, 2019

So Very Loved for Hip Kit Club


Hi guys! I'm here today to share a layout I made for Hip Kit Club using the August kits! My assignment for this layout was to create a layout based on this week's sketch using punches and a monochromatic color scheme...phew, that was a lot of parameters to keep track of. 😅


As a challenge to myself, I chose to use the tones of purple in this month's kit for my monochromatic color scheme. I'm normally not a big fan of purple, but these dusty purple tones are just so freaking gorgeous! I wanted to use all of them immediately.


I started with some mixed media. This month's color kit came with a purple shade of Magical Powders from Lindy's Stamp Gang, so I knew I had to give that a try. I tested the color on a piece of scrap paper, and decided to mix it with the pink tone in the kit to get a better match to the purples in the kit.


I kept the mixed media towards the center of the page, just as it is in the sketch. I actually stuck really close to the sketch for the entire layout this time. It makes it so easy to put a page together! I used one of the Vicki Boutin stencils from the color kit along with some gel medium to add an additional layer of color and texture to the background. I love how it turned out!


Once my mixed media had dried, I pulled out everything from the kit that was purple and just started playing! I printed my photos in black and white so that they wouldn't compete with the color on the page, and added several layers behind them using paper and journal cards from the pocket life kit.


I used a notebook edge punch on the layers at the top of the page and one of the stamps from the color kit to add additional texture to the page. I also used lots of foam adhesive to give the elements on my page dimension.


And that's it! You can see the entire process in the video below.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment