Friday, February 21, 2020

2020 Project Life: Week 4


First of all, let me apologize for the tardiness of this post. I had every intention of posting this when the video went live, but life sometimes gets away from me and things fall through the cracks. This is one of those things.


Since I'm being honest, my blog has become a pretty low priority item on my to-do list. I mean, does anyone even read blogs anymore? I know I shouldn't be saying this, and it shouldn't really matter. But when there are a million different things vying for my time and attention, it's hard to justify spending time writing blog posts that no one will read. Okay...enough ranting for now. Back to the subject at hand.


Earlier this week I shared Week Four in my 2020 Project Life album on my YouTube channel and Instagram account. If you don't follow me there, you really should. Both venues get much more of my attention than this blog does...sorry not sorry.


For this spread, I used the digital "Around the House" kit from Feed Your Craft. It's not new, but it was something from my stash that I hadn't used yet, so it was like new to me. The kit was designed by Geralyn Sy of In a Creative Bubble, which generally makes it awesome. I'm a big fan.


Since I purchased the digital kit, I didn't have any stamps or die cuts to use with it, so I decided to grab another little-used item from my stash to make my own embellishments with. I chose the stamp set from Heidi Swapp's Color Fresh collection and chose an assortment of inks that coordinated with the kit. 


I stamped a bunch of the images and phrases from the stamp set onto a sheet of smooth white cardstock, then fussy cut them out and used them like die cuts. Perfect. I added in a few labels from my stash of (mostly) Citrus Twist Kit cut-aparts, and that was pretty much it!


I'm actually really happy with how this page turned out. It was fun to use some out-of-the-ordinary supplies (for me) and to create something minimal, but still beautiful.

You can see all of the details in the process video below.



Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope to see you back here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment