Tuesday, January 28, 2020

2020 Project Life, Week 3


Hi there! I'm back today with Week 3 in my 2020 Project Life album. When I sat down to create this page, I had no idea what products I was going to use. I didn't have a current kit to work with, and there weren't any other products that I had in mind. Then I remembered something that I had completely forgotten about until that moment.


Last fall I spent some time organizing my craft area. It's an ongoing process, always, but at that point I had put some serious effort into getting things organized. As I was doing so I realized how much product I had that was just collecting dust. Products that I had spent hard-earned money on because I loved them weren't being used because of the shear volume of supplies I had in my stash. That is not okay.


So I decided then and there to take the time to put those products into stash kits to be used in the coming year. This is something I've done in the past, and I always find it to be a great way to get things out of boxes and onto my pages. I made several kits, even labeled some of them with the months I intended to use them, then stored them in a file drawer...and quickly forgot about them.


It wasn't until it came time to do this spread that I remembered I had them. So even though January is nearly over at this point, I decided to pull out my kit and try to use as much as I can of it before the month ends, starting with this spread. 


The kit was full of lots of colorful bits from all kinds of manufacturers. For this spread, I ended up using a lot of Pinkfresh Studio, some Elle's Studio, and some cards from hold Hip Kit Club kits. They all went together amazingly well, and I ended up with a colorful, coordinated page. 


The kit itself was pretty big, much bigger than the kits I used to make and much bigger than I would recommend any stash kit you make to be. The more a kit contains, the more overwhelmed with choices I tend to feel, which makes it harder to be creative and accomplish anything. But I know that I was thinking "add it all and use it all" when I made the kit, so I'm cutting myself some slack.


Still it made for a bit of a longer process than usual, as you can see in the video below.



Overall, I'm happy that I was able to get some of these products used. And even though this spread is not my most favorite, I'm happy that it's done and documented. 


Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment