Wednesday, March 27, 2019

2019 Project Life: January, Part 2

Today I'm sharing another spread from my 2019 Project Life album. If you've been following along, you may remember that I've switched to a 6x8 monthly format this year, so my spreads look a bit different from those in the past. So far, it's working out really well, and I'm enjoying the change of pace.

I've decided to break down the months into "parts" for lack of any better way to divide them. The breakdown is strictly for sharing, as there's no designation in the album itself outside of different pages. But sharing a month at a time seemed overwhelming and to be honest, unrealistic. So parts it is.



Anyway, here's Part 2 of January. It's a pretty simple spread about our time together at home during the cold months. There's only two photos, so I had the chance to play with lots of product.



I used the Citrus Twist Kits February "Love Stories" Life Crafted Kit for this one. It's a gorgeous kit, and the fact that it's sat unused for so long just goes to show how much amazing product has hit my doorstep in the last couple months.



I chose a somewhat unusual color palette, at least for me, but I really love the way it turned out. That geometric heart paper is one of my all-time faves!



The kit comes with two die cut ephemera packs. One is full of acetate bits, which can be hard to deal with, since most adhesives show through. In the past I've used my tiny attacher to add them to my pages, but this time I used a Xyron Sticker Maker. It's the best way I've found to add these little clear bits without an adhesive nightmare.



I managed to sneak in a bit of stamping using both the stamp from the kit and the February Travelers Notebook Stamp. And I added some hidden journaling on the full-size page.


Like I said, I pretty simple layout overall!

You can watch my entire process here:



Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment