Friday, June 8, 2018

"Stay Wild"

When I got the May Citrus Twist Kits Pocket Life Kit, I had no idea how I was going to use some of the papers that were included. The Wild Heart collection from Crate Paper is beautiful, but it's not really my jam. We don't have a lot of tropical scenery here in Indiana.

So I went through my stack of printed photos to see if I could find anything from our past trips to Florida or other vacations that I hadn't already scrapbooked. Instead I found this photo of Jesse and I from one of our very first trips to our favorite Indiana State Park, Turkey Run. It's not exactly tropical. I don't even think it was taken in summer. But it worked.


The page came together through just playing around and seeing what I liked. I didn't really have a plan, just a pile of papers and embellishments and some time to play.



I won't say it's my favorite layout ever. It's pretty simple and not terribly creative, but I do like the way it turned out.



You can see my entire process below:




Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment