Tuesday, August 1, 2017

February Kit & Update

Yes, I do realize it is nearly August, and I am just now posting about my February kit. I have been woefully remiss in posting to this blog, and I feel dreadfully guilty about it.

The good news, if it can really be considered news at all, is that I'm not so far behind in actually using my kits as I have been in posting about them. So I have lots to catch you up on, starting with the contents of my February kit. 


For each kit, I started with an inspiration piece and built the rest of the kit around it. For the February kit, that piece was this super old sheet of cut-apart tabs from Evalicious. 


For the 12x12 patterned papers, I chose ones that stayed within the pastel color palette, even though there are a few brighter elements on the tabs. Since I planned to use this kit in February, I thought the brighter colors might be too much of a contrast with my winter photos. The papers are from a variety of manufacturers and collections, including Becky Higgins, Echo Park, American Crafts, and Dear Lizzy. I also included two sheets of cardstock, one an embossed teal and the other a super soft pink, as well as a printed vellum from the Dear Lizzy Neopolitan collection. Can you believe all of these were in my stash and completely untouched?! 🙄


The 6x6 papers are a mixture of Studio Calico, Maggie Holmes, and Pink Paislee. The 4x6 and 3x4 cards are mostly from past Studio Calico kits, with a few from Becky Higgins Project Life kits and pads.


For alphas, I included an old, partially used set of chipboard Thickers in black and a small, pink alpha from a past Studio Calico kit. The embellishments are a mish-mash of things, including some Heidi Swapp frames and rub-ons, a Dear Lizzy sticker pad, some bits from past Studio Calico kits, and even some Smash journaling cards. I also added a sampling of washi and sequins from my stash.


And that's the Febraury kit! In my next post, I'll share the layouts and card that I made using this kit. I also have not forgotten that I promised to share my Project Life status in my last post, and I plan to share that very soon. So check back for lots more crafty fun! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment