Friday, March 7, 2014

Five on Friday


I'm switching it up a bit for this week's Five on Friday. Today I'm sharing my top 5 of my favorite blogs to turn to for paper-crafting inspiration. It was actually really hard for me to narrow this list down to just 5. I literally have hundreds of blogs in my RSS reader (I use Feedly). But these are the 5 I visit most often. These are the 5 from whom I anxiously await new posts. Maybe you already know them; maybe they're entirely new to you. Either way I hope you glean some bit of inspiration from them today.

In no particular order:

1. The Scrappy Jedi - Melissa Stinson

Melissa consistently provides her readers with ample inspiration for Project Life spreads, traditional layouts, and craft room organization. I love watching her process videos and am a little sad that she has stopped making them. She's also self-proclaimed geek girl, so she automatically get my approval. :)

2. Enjoy It - Elise Blaha Cripe

I've been reading Elise's blog for longer than any other on this list, about 7 years. In that time, I have never been disappointed when I click on a new post. She is one of the most innovative and inspiring bloggers out there in my opinion. I love her amateur photography, her ever-changing shop, her mini-books, and her home decor sense. Her blog continues to be a constant source of inspiration for me, and I can't wait to see what she does next!

3. Amy Tangerine - Amy Tan

If you know me at all, then you know that Amy Tan had to make this list. Who doesn't love Amy?! Each time she creates a new collection for American Crafts, it's immediately my new favorite. (I may or may not being hoarding several of them.) I love seeing her Project Life spreads; she definitely has a very unique style and always inspires me to include more ephemera from our lives. I love that I can look at a layout or spread and know immediately that it was created by her. She has a very clear sense of style, and she's pretty much a fountain of creativity - it just spews out of her! So yeah, I kinda love her blog.
(Print by Lisa Congdon, source)

4. Hello Forever - Marcy Penner

Marcy's projects always feel like a breath of fresh air to me. I admire how light and sparse her style can be, while at the same time incorporating lots of photos and embellishments. Even after watching every video she's made, I'm not sure how she does it. She is the originator of the "Workspace Wednesday" posts, which I enjoy immensely and hope to participate in once I have an actual workspace. Her Project Life spreads have inspired me to add white borders to my photos...well, at least I'm attempting to.

5. Dear Lizzy - Elizabeth Kartchner

I started reading Dear Lizzy after falling in love with the Dear Lizzy collections from American Crafts. Then I somehow forgot about it, and only recently added it to my RSS reader. All I can say is there is so much beauty on this blog! It's definitely more than a paper crafting blog, though there is plenty of crafty inspiration. I find myself turning to Dear Lizzy for the artful way she presents her creations.

What are your favorite blogs for all things paper-related? I'd love to hear where you go for inspiration!





No comments:

Post a Comment