Monday, March 10, 2014

Big News!


I've got big news! You may have noticed a small "congratulations" note on Wednesday's post, which was the tiniest of tiny sneak peeks. Well, it's official now, so I can finally share with all of you - I got a full-time job!!

I know that this may not seem like a big deal to some of you, but for me it's been a loooong time coming. I haven't been officially employed since December of 2008 ...yeah, that's over 5 years! Don't get me wrong; I haven't been sitting at home trolling job sites that entire time. Part of it was spent in grad school. And part of it was spent developing and starting my own business, Kinship Genealogy. But at no time during the last five years have I had a steady paycheck or benefits.

Needless to say, I am very excited. I'm also more than a little bit scared. Like I said, it's been a long time, and it's going to be a huge adjustment. But it's a change that I need so very badly.

And while this position isn't exactly my dream job, it is a step in the right direction, a step that will hopefully put me on the path to that dream job.

So please forgive me if things are a little chaotic around here while I adjust to my new life. I'm going to do my very best to stick with my blogging schedule, but I'm sure there will be times that it just doesn't happen. I apologize in advance.

And if you have any advice for someone getting back into the workforce after a long hiatus, I'm all ears!


No comments:

Post a Comment