Friday, May 4, 2018

Traveler's Notebook: January 2018

All the playing I did in a traveler's notebook for 30 Days of Lists made me really want to start using the format more for documenting, so I decided to start a TN insert for 2018. My goal is to do one spread each month that documents something memorable from that month. I'm specifically focusing on my own experiences for this insert, rather than the stories and memories that will get documented in my Project Life spreads and 12x12 albums. 

It's not that I expect this to be the only thing I document in a TN; I just want to give myself a reason to consistently use this format this year. I'm hoping it will be the beginning of a new habit, and that I'll continue to do more documentation in the TN size, since it's smaller and much easier to deal with, both as I create and after they're full. 

So here's my try at a spread for January. I knew right away that I wanted to use this mandala-style paper from the Maggie Holmes Flourish collection that came in the March Citrus Twist Kits Pocket Life Kit for this page. It's an absolutely gorgeous print, and I wanted to let it shine.


Most everything I used for this spread came from the March kit, with the exception of the puffy coffee sticker from Freckled Fawn (no longer available) and the black ink splatters from Studio Calico (also no longer available). You can see my entire process in the video below.




Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment