Tuesday, April 4, 2017

#The100DayProject


Do you know about The 100 Day Project? I followed along with Elise as she participated last year, but I honestly didn't know much about until earlier this week. The 100 Day Project is a free global art project that anyone can participate in, started by Elle Luna and Lindsay Jean Thompson. The purpose of it, as I understand it, is to make time to be creative and to pursue something that interests and inspires you. You pick one thing and you do that thing for 100 consecutive days, beginning today, April 4th.

I loved the concept immediately, and I knew I wanted to participate...but I had no clue what I wanted to do. I thought about it for days, turning different ideas over in my head, trying to decide if they would work for me. I considered photography. I thought about cardmaking. I even briefly considered digging out my acrylic paints. But ultimately, I knew I needed to choose something that didn't require much in the way of supplies and that could be done pretty much anywhere.

So I chose #100daysofprintables. Each day, starting today, and for the next 100 days, I'll be creating a digital print that I can use for Project Life or scrapbooking or even just to frame, and I'll be sharing those prints with all of you here on the blog.

This is something I have wanted to do for so very long, and something that I'm excited to finally tackle. They won't all be artistically great. I'm still learning about design and have yet to master Adobe's Creative Suite, so I fully expect to make mistakes. But I'm learning, and hopefully this project will push me to learn at a greater speed than I have been.

So I hope you'll consider playing along, or at least follow along as attempt this project. Here's to new challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment