Wednesday, May 20, 2020

2020 Creativity Journal: Week 16



Hey everyone! Today I'm sharing another page in my 2020 Creativity Journal. For this spread, I'm using the "Journeys" Life Crafted Kit from Citrus Twist Kits, as well as a few of the extras from this month.


I'm having some technical difficulties with my computer at the moment (ugh), and I wasn't able to print the cards from this kit to fit my memory planner pages, so I had to make the kit work as-is.


Luckily there were lots of bits and pieces that worked just fine for my very loose interpretation of this grid. I especially loved the flowers in this kit. So pretty! I knew I had to use the two I had left on this page. 


I'm also super happy I was able to use this frame. It was the perfect size for my photos!


Instead of doodling this week, I decided to add lots of stamping using the "Daytripping" stamp set from Citrus Twist. I love those arrows, and I knew they would be the perfect way of drawing your attention to the photos on this spread. 


I also incorporated some of the digitals from this month, including the National Scrapbook Day printable and the Digital Tags. I love using all of the various bits and pieces from these kits together!


Even though I wasn't able to resize them, I was still able to use the journaling cards on my spread. Luckily I didn't have too many photos this week, so there was plenty of room for the 3x4 cards. The "Staying Busy" card was perfect for telling the story of my new filming routine. 


I left lots of white space on this spread. As much as I love the look of  a completely filled-in grid, I also really like the look of leaving some places for your eye to rest. This week had lots of resting spots. 


I repeated the alphas from the kit in three places across the spread for some continuity and to help me use up more of them. I always find it harder to use them once the "E's" are gone, so this was one way to get them used. 


If you want to see how this page came together in more detail, you can view the process video below. 


Thanks for stopping by, and until next time, happy crafting!!





No comments:

Post a Comment