Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Books in 2019 - Life Crafted Mini Album

I decided to use my Life Crafted album from Citrus Twist to document the books I read in 2019. I've set a somewhat bigger goal for myself than I normally do, and I really want to challenge myself to read more this year. So I thought it would be fun to document my progress and the books I'm reading in a min album.


I had considered using a traveler's notebook insert to document my reading, but I knew I would be hard-pressed to fit all 24 books in one album. Enter the Life Crafted album! The pages are the same size as a standard TN, but because it's ring-bound, I'll be able to fit as many pages as I need. It's the perfect solution.


But before I start documenting the books I've already read, I needed to create a title page. Every album needs a title page, right? So I grabbed the gorgeous February "Love Stories" Life Crafted Kit from Citrus Twist and chose a few items I knew would work perfectly for this project.


I started with the oversized tag that came in the kit. It fits perfecting into the Life Crafted album, so it seemed like the obvious choice The kit also contained a CTK exclusive dictionary print paper that I HAD to use. Then I chose a journaling card and some embellishments and just had fun putting the whole thing together!


I especially loved the little butterflies that came in the acetate pack. There were matching die cuts in the ephemera pack, so I decided to layer them and stitch them together to add some texture and dimension to the page. I love the way they turned out!

Here's a quick look at my process:



Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment